What is our primary use case?
Tata Technologies support manufacturing organizations and our customers are global automotive and aerospace manufacturers. Using Microsoft technologies we have developed applications for PLM, business applications solving business needs. The primary use cases would be to resolve business problems in Supply Chain, Inbound and Outbound logistics, Procurement to Pay, Contract to Pay, HR domain, Dealer Management System, Customer Relationship Management.
How has it helped my organization?
ASP.Net and Microsoft technologies platform has helped in improving our services to our clients. We are able to generate solutions for our global OEM customers and those solutions have become our arrowheads which we have taken to market as leaders. These arrowheads have allowed us to templatize and configure our solutions for our customers thus reducing our turn around time to reach to market
What is most valuable?
Following features of ASP.Net and Microsoft Technologies are valuable:
1. Cross platform support and container support is really a breakthrough
2. ASP.Net has unified MVC and web API frameworks which is really helpful to developers
3. VAPT points can be taken care with ease handling OWASP standards
4. ASP.Net integration with Azure Cloud environment is very seamless and supports other Cloud providers
5. ASP.Net provision of integration with FxCop, SonarLint and SonarQube for static code coverage ratio is very good
6. NuGet package integration is really very good
What needs improvement?
Following can be improved:
1. VS IDE should be license free so that community edition interactions can be enhanced
2. Undefined Application Architecture with lack of Separation of Concerns (SoC)
3. Lack of abstraction with least control over HTML.
4. Limited support for testing and SEO.
For how long have I used the solution?
I have 11 years of experience with ASP.NET.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
1. The releases made by Microsoft need to be stable from the perspective of release
2. The Microsoft platform has come out of ages, but still it need to be more stable so that the production environment is very stable.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
Microsoft Platform is highly scalable and so is ASP.Net. However there some important factors like Separation of Concerns, SEO integration etc. which need to be integrated.
How are customer service and technical support?
The technical support is fine. The partnership helps us get support for what we need and we have no complaints.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
Yes, we moved from legacy ASP to ASP.Net because of technological advancements
How was the initial setup?
Initial setup is straightforward and it is complimenting. We are able to setup the VS IDE and the project structure easily in ASP.Net projects
What about the implementation team?
We have implemented using our in house team
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
Yes, the options were JAVA, PHP
What other advice do I have?
In general, I would recommend ASP.NET. However, it depends upon the use cases. If there is an application for the web then it is very good.
I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Which deployment model are you using for this solution?
If public cloud, private cloud, or hybrid cloud, which cloud provider do you use?