ASP.NET Review

Good development framework for Windows applications

What is our primary use case?

I am a Microsoft .NET technology architect and ASP.NET is one of the platforms that I develop with and support.

What is most valuable?

I like ASP.NET in its entirety.

ASP.NET works well with Windows applications and more generally, the Windows platform.

What needs improvement?

In the future, I would like to see more AI and machine learning technologies made available in libraries.

It would be helpful if they supplied templates or boilerplate code for the microservices architecture that would assist people in starting to build software.

ASP.NET does not support Apple or macOS devices.

I have been using ASP.NET for 15 years.

I have not had an experience that resulted in having to contact technical support.

I have not worked with similar frameworks from other vendors.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I started my career with ASP.NET and I like most of the things about it. I started working with Microsoft technologies rather than Java technologies, and I am still with Microsoft.

In India, they are moving to cross-platform deployment using the .NET work and I haven’t seen any drawbacks, apart from not being supported by Apple or macOS. I think that most customers prefer Windows applications, so they will prefer ASP.NET.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More ASP.NET reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about ASP.NET. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.