Assyst Review

Quickly identify open tickets

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Assyst was in a governmental institution here in Brazil around that time. It was a project, during which we spent some time traveling in Brazil and implementing solutions. It was government implementation.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature to us was the capability to quickly identify the tickets we have open with people and follow up then. It was very good. We could quickly understand what was going on and what the customer wanted to do. It's a nice feature.

What needs improvement?

I'm speaking in regards to the state of the IP in 2016, and I don't know how it has improved since that time. However, I would say that some kind of bot assistance, some kind of artificial intelligence to help people solve the problems, would be interesting.

We've used Assyst for two years.

We didn't have any problems at all with the stability of this solution.

Our maintenance is about 20 hours per month, or less. Maintenance was not significant. The product was a huge product, so we had a lot of people. When the product was in month two or three there were almost ten people. We are in 24 states here in Brazil, and a lot of offices were running at the same time. But if we're talking about just one company, even a big company, we had one or two people doing implementation.

And it wasn't a surprise in the private sector that at a big company or enterprise it would about three months of three people working.

Of course we had moments that we had to talk with the company in Edinburgh to solve some problems, and they had the answer. The answer was generally quick. We didn't usually have any problem with them. Sometimes the solution was more difficult, but not critical.

It was complex. The deployment was not a problem at all. The tool, on the whole, is very quick to set up. The problem was on the part of the customer, because they delayed a lot of things, and it was difficult to make the user respond to our questions and the needs of the project. If I compare with other solutions, the problem is that our system is too old. If you compare it with the service amount, we have a big difference in service. Now it's much better, of course. To improve the performance we had to review the accessory. It would be sometimes a radical modification.

Licensing is on an annual basis, with no additional costs.

When I came over to this company, it was decided that the product would be Assyst, so I didn't do any evaluation. However, if we had any bids with the other products Assyst unfortunately would have lost the bids.

What other advice do I have?

Based on what I know, I would rate Assyst as an eight out of ten.