AT&T AlienVault USM Review

Unstable features, poor technology integration, and support needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

I am using the solution for security information and event management.

What is most valuable?

The solution has all the features that we need, however they do not work correctly.

What needs improvement?

This solution has too many issues with integration with other technologies. For example, you can configure the solution to integrate with your technology today but tomorrow it will stop working. You have to continually update the login, save the issue, and create a ticket with support. It is a long process that takes too long for the support to resolve quickly.

In the future, I would like to see all these features of the solution working properly.

I have been using the solution for two years.

The solution is not stable. Sometimes the virtual machines are not working and it is not a network issue. There are many compatibility issues. There have been times when upgrading the firmware the device is not operational, you then have to restore to the older version.

The customer support has not been very helpful when issues arise.

The price for this solution is very good, but since the features do not work the price is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would not recommend anyone to use it.

I rate ATT AlienVault USM a one out of ten.

More AT&T AlienVault USM reviews from users
...who compared it with McAfee ESM
Learn what your peers think about AT&T AlienVault USM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.