AT&T AlienVault USM Review

It provides greater visibility of host based and network activity through its HIDS and NIDS functionality. They should simplify the HIDS agent reporting/custom rule creation.

What is most valuable?

• Central log aggregation
  • Security correlation

How has it helped my organization?

It provides greater visibility of host-based and network activity through its HIDS and NIDS functionality.

What needs improvement?

They should simplify the HIDS agent reporting/custom rule creation.

I've used it for one year.

We had issues but this was due to us receiving improper training from a third party and not necessarily due to the product.

Servers/sensors cap at 2048 host based agent deployments, but servers and sensors are easily scalable for a medium sized business.

10/10

I haven't used anything similar.

AlienVault is willing to offer flexible and competitive pricing.

We also looked at AccelOps, LogRhythm, and IBM QRadar.

What other advice do I have?

If you have any questions, AlienVault's support team is more than willing to help with your installation, implementation, and integration.

More AT&T AlienVault USM reviews from users
...who compared it with McAfee ESM
Find out what your peers are saying about AT&T, Splunk, LogRhythm and others in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM). Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.