AT&T AlienVault USM Review

You can customize the "Overview" dashboard to you or your company's needs.

What is most valuable?

AlienVault's "Overview" dashboard makes it very easy to see everything going on in your network that needs your immediate attention. You can easily customize the dashboard to you or your company's needs.

How has it helped my organization?

I now have the ability to report all vulnerabilities and threats hitting our network to upper management in an easy-to-understand format.

What needs improvement?

Offer solutions based on a PoC (Proof of Concept) to fit each company's specific needs, rather than letting the company guess or piece together the solution they need.

I have used it for six months.

We have not encountered any deployment issues; the setup was very easy and support was by my side to assist me with any issues that arose.

We have encountered stability issues; we have a high volume of logs passing through our SIEM and the default configuration couldn't handle all the data. Working with support, we were able to remediate all the crashes we were having.

We have encountered scalability issues. We had to keep changing our configuration or updating our storage capabilities as we added more logs.

Customer service is 8/10.

Technical support is 9/10. Engineers are very knowledgeable about their product!

We did not previously use a different solution.

The setup was very straightforward. AlienVault provides simple, step-by-step instructions for each of their products!

As a single Analyst, I was able to implement this product very easily.

At this time, it is too early to tell ROI.

Know your capabilities and storage needs before negotiating a price! Make sure you ask about log storage options before purchase.

Before choosing, we evaluated other options. We were looking at Splunk and Rapid7.

1 visitor found this review helpful
2 Comments
author avatarJulia Frohwein
Community Mgr

Can you explain why you ended up going with AlienVault over Splunk and Rapid7?

author avatarTami Andrews

Lucas - I appreciate you taking time to provide your experience of using AlienVault USM.