AT&T AlienVault USM Review

The alarms dashboard shows any threats that may need further investigation.

How has it helped my organization?

AlienVault has brought more awareness to the activity on our network. Security risks are identified and addressed to reduce any possible security breach.

What is most valuable?

Alarms dashboard shows immediately any threats that may need further investigation. The vulnerability scanning is helpful to identify the areas that need patching or fixes installed.

What needs improvement?

The vulnerability reporting needs to have options to be able to sort or customize the output. It is helpful to look at the vulnerability and how many hosts have it, in addition to being able to look at an individual host to see what vulnerabilities it has.

We did not encounter any stability issues. AlienVault seems to be pretty solid and we have not had any issues with it being unavailable.

We have not encountered any scalability issues. We have a fairly simple deployment with only one sensor, so it was straightforward.

Customer service is very good.

Technical support is very good. They have always been prompt to address an issue and stuck with it until resolution.

We did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup was very straightforward; few configuration settings and it was pulling in logs.

An in-house team implemented it.

ROI is a difficult one to measure for this. It helps us cover a compliance need as well as provides us a means to be aware of any possible threats and vulnerabilities.

Pricing is very competitive with other products and you get much more functionality from AlienVault. The vulnerability scanning and threat intelligence offers additional tools that others don't have.

We looked at a couple of other products before choosing AlienVault. We looked at LogRhythm and EventTracker.

What other advice do I have?

If you take the training virtually, make sure you can dedicate the week with uninterrupted time. The training is quite in-depth and you want to have your undivided attention on it.

1 visitor found this review helpful
3 Comments
Julia FrohweinCommunity Mgr

Can you elaborate on why you chose AlienVault over LogRhythm and EventTracker?

29 May 17
Tami AndrewsVendor

Thank you so much for your time & feedback Laurie!

26 June 17
Skylar TalleyVendor

Laurie, awesome to hear you're having a great experience with the product! We hear you loud and clear on the need to extend our reporting capabilities, especially around vulnerability management. I'll try to keep you in the loop as we look to roll out new features to this area of the product. Thanks again for the feedback and for being a customer. We truly appreciate your business!

22 August 17