AT&T AlienVault USM Review

AlienVault USM - bang for your buck.

What is most valuable?

I have worked with a Managed Security Team that uses AlienVault USM for the past two years. The user interface is as good as it gets. The setup is greatly simplified with intensive documentation and a great tech support.

How has it helped my organization?

The USM has been instrumental in the discovery and tracking down of emerging threats which has helped us instantly evaluate and resolve security incidents for our clients.

What needs improvement?

I would say the menus could use some tweaking and custom rule creation could be made simpler.

2 years.

No. I did not face any deployment issues.

No. I did not face any stability issues.

No. I did not face any scalability issues.

Impressive.

Great.

AlienVault was the first and only choice.

Setup was straightforward and priming and fine-tuning was reasonably simple too.

In-house team.

The product greatly reduces the need for human review and by bringing so many feature-rich capabilities under one roof, it makes it hassle-free for collecting evidence for ISO 27001 compliance.

AlienVault is one of the best to consider in terms of price advantage. AV is giving tools that charge you based on EPS a run for their money. Forget about procuring licensing and setting up stand-alone detection and prevention systems and then having them all integrate for log interpretation.

Splunk Enterprise Security.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Managed Security Service Provider Partner Program.
1 Comment
author avatarTami Andrews

Thank you Sukanya for your time to review AlienVault USM and for your candid feedback!