AT&T AlienVault USM Review

Meets logging requirements for PCI and HIPAA standards

What is most valuable?

The tool is a great way to meet logging requirements for PCI and HIPAA standards. It is very flexible and customizable.

How has it helped my organization?

I came into the company with USM Appliance already in place. However, from my previous experience with logging and security appliances, there have been many tasks that used to be a manual process like asset discovery, that are now automated and easy to implement through the UI.

What needs improvement?

Stability on certain components could be better, but for a system that is on 24/7/365 without reboots, it's fairly trouble free.

We have used this for one year.

There were no issues with deployment.

Stability issues were only due to issues with updates, and in extremely unusual use cases.

There were no issues with scalability.

They have amazing customer service. AlienVault Support takes care of all of my issues that come up.

I would give technical support a rating of 10 out of 10.

The setup was fairly straightforward. A more advanced setup is available for different use cases.

We did the implementation in-house.

Having our logs in a single system is in itself is a huge ROI.

When compared with other options, AlienVault is significantly less expensive for the amount of features that are packed into it.

I was not part of the product decision.

What other advice do I have?

AlienVault support is what really makes this product a great investment. They are constantly improving their product and happy to help with anything that comes up.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company utilizes USM Appliance for our own logs, but we are also an AlienVault MSSP Partner and Reseller.
1 Comment
Tami AndrewsVendor

Thank you Tyler for your time to review AlienVault USM and for your candid feedback!

16 July 18