AT&T AlienVault USM Review

It is easy to implement, and effective

What is our primary use case?

• MDR provider
  • Logs aggregation
  • Vulnerability assessments
  • Some automation.

We needed a way to see all of these items under one pane of glass without spending incredible amounts of money on log aggregation, vulnerability assessments, etc., then putting it all together with an IR platform.

How has it helped my organization?

It answered a bunch of questions for us, such as what will we use for vulnerability assessments on a continual basis, how do we tie those reports into alerts/incidents, log aggregation, correlation, etc.

What is most valuable?

• Vulnerability assessments and log aggregation/correlation

These were the two answers we needed for our solution. It gave those solutions very easily. It is easy to implement, and effective.

What needs improvement?

The support could absolutely be better. It seems to have gotten worse with the AT&T acquisition.

We have been hearing some not so great things from our associates in the field as well.

Very stable so far. We have seen very few bugs, or downtime so far.

It is pretty scalable for small/medium businesses. It starts to fade at enterprise. It is possible, but you will definitely run into limitations.

Eh. Our experiences have been very mixed. If you get someone who is motivated to help, expect to be good to go. Otherwise, expect the problem not to get a good priority, and it may even get dragged out to a conclusion.

We used, tested, and tried several solutions prior to this solution. This solution answered too many questions under one reasonable cost, as opposed to piecemealing everything together for more money.

Super simple, almost anyone could do it. It is quick as well.

We do everything in-house.

Good.

It is I think for the market very straightforward, super easy to deploy. Licensing is straightforward in comparison to others.

We evaluated:

5.6
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We currently use this, so therefore we are a customer, but we also deploy this as part of our MDR solution today.
More AT&T AlienVault USM reviews from users
...who compared it with McAfee ESM
Find out what your peers are saying about AT&T, Splunk, LogRhythm and others in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM). Updated: February 2021.
463,678 professionals have used our research since 2012.