Atera Review

Combines endpoint management with a user-friendly interface

What is our primary use case?

We use Atera as endpoint management for multiple companies that I service. Basically, they don't have a domain, each one is an individual. It allows me to manage them as if it was on an active directory, but it's not. I can push out commands through the agent that's on each endpoint.

What is most valuable?

The PowerShell command capabilities are excellent. I can send them out without having to remote in. That feature saves us time.

It also features an easy-to-use interface.

What needs improvement?

Since I'm moving more towards the security side, having more freedom to perform identity access management would be great — It's one of the things that are necessary for a lot of companies they secured. So, I'm having to use another party to do so.

In the next release, I would like to see the ability to send out a vulnerability scan packet to the network, to discover vulnerabilities, and send back a report. That would be nice.

I've been using Atera for five years.

It's very versatile and stable. I hadn't had any glitches or anything.

You can add it to other things through API application interfacing as well as to other kinds of individuals. let's say you use Kaspersky; you can API it into the dashboard and it will keep up tabs with it — the same thing with your backup solutions —; it's very versatile on that part.

I would give their technical support a rating of 9.5. I had to use them only one time and they were pretty much right on it.

We switched to Atera mostly for pricing reasons. Atera happened to have the best pricing model.

Right now, they've got three different types of ranges. I'm in the mid-range, about $130 dollars per month. There is also an unlimited endpoint model. I have used a few others beforehand. One of them was Pulseway. Pulseway is very good but it's pricey, especially now since they've merged with Kaseya. I used Kaseya before and it was kind of pricey — roughly two to five dollars per endpoint, according to what it is that you want it to do. Atera doesn't do that. If I wanted to add Webroot to Atera, which they have done, it's only roughly one dollar per month for each endpoint that I use.

Other solutions aren't like that; often, you have to sign up for a 12-month agreement, etc.

What other advice do I have?

All corporations that have an IT department should look into and utilize this solution. It has a very user-friendly interface. It's easy to adapt and control locally or globally, according to how you want to use it. I would say it's the number one tool for all ITMS.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Atera a rating of nine.

Find out what your peers are saying about Atera, NinjaRMM, Kaseya and others in Remote Monitoring and Management Software. Updated: January 2021.
456,812 professionals have used our research since 2012.