Atera Review

Helps to provide more durability and more understanding within a specific report

What is our primary use case?

Our use cases depend on the customer's requests. We need to provide an automation script. We check for feature availability in terms of the two print automation scripts that they offer. If they don't have it then we create customized scripts.

It provides remote automation.

How has it helped my organization?

Atera has helped me to provide more accurate solutions based on a given problem. For example, we base our solutions on event scenarios, like the alerts. We identify that there's a series of problems occurring in a particular area from the information provided by the alerts.

What is most valuable?

The ability to connect a remote via Splashtop is the most valuable feature. Implementing updated automation and the alerts are valuable as well. Those are the different valuable features that help me troubleshoot customers' problems or requests.

What needs improvement?

The chat solutions need improvement because we first need to connect to the customer. This needs to improve so that there is a particular feature in which we can provide support to customers even if they are not connected to a computer.

If I need to chat with a customer I first need to connect to a computer. I haven't tried to create a chat without connecting to a computer.

I have been using Atera for almost two years.

The stability is great. The majority of the users are now are using email. I haven't experienced any downtime.

I would rate scalability as a nine out of 10. I would take away a point for improvements. In the future, it should do more. I would like to improve the ticketing system. I used a different ticketing system before, and I think that there needs to be more detail. But I do think that it can scale with the growth of a company.

The amount of people needed for maintenance will vary depending on the instructions given to the customer but on average it takes around two to four people. One provides backup. Backup is a critical aspect for me. Another provides remote support. The remote support are the ones who provide the ability to troubleshoot a device or the customer's laptop or computer connected to Atera. They handle the tickets. And there needs to be one person who transfers or assists particular tickets.

I usually work with technical support every time I experience a problem with the Atera setup. There might be different types of people handling the support side of the Atera, so it's still a mixed rating for me. Their support depends on the issue because support will respond after several minutes. Their support can answer your query in a matter of seconds or minutes, something like that. I can usually get support within the hour.

Pricing is good for me. Atera can support everything that they need. You just have to maximize the ability of the support or the one who handles the queries.

The initial setup was straightforward. It takes around two minutes.

The deployment only requires the customer and a representative from the Atera side. For example, if I am the customer, I get the link that I need to install on my computer so that they can have particular access.

In terms of the implementation strategy, we added a particular agent installer into an email setup. I use that before sending an email to a specific customer, and then the customer will just follow the instructions via email. Once they click, it will automatically download the agent installer.

I think there are additional costs. You need to add the backup, they don't have a specific integrated backup unless you use the customer's personal backup.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Atera a nine out of ten.

Atera helps to manage a computer within the organization. Managing different kinds of computers in a specific organization will give you a mess or headaches. Atera can help you to provide more durability and more understanding within a specific report.

When they provide a particular solution, I always double-check the existing knowledge base, if it's accurate for the current scenario.

Find out what your peers are saying about Atera, NinjaRMM, Kaseya and others in Remote Monitoring and Management Software. Updated: January 2021.
456,812 professionals have used our research since 2012.