Atlassian ALM Review

User-friendly, easy to set up, and has good integration with other Atlassian products

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of this solution is agile application life cycle management.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution fits very well into our agile product management environment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the integration with the other Atlassian products such as Bitbucket, Confluence, and HipChat.

What needs improvement?

The current method for dealing with requirements management involves another solution, which is costing more for the users. Traceability between higher level and lower level requirements in the hierarchy is something else that is not fully addressed. It would be helpful to have requirements management and traceability functionality built into this solution.

The reports are not really customizable, which is something that they should improve on. The reporting capabilities, in general, are in need of improvement.

I have been using Atlassian ALM for more than three years.

The solution is stable but at times, the performance is poor. It takes time to load and the response time is not up to the mark. We use this tool frequently and all of our project work gets done through it.

This is a scalable solution. In my previous project, we had more than 1,000 people using it. These people are end-users who have been allocated to the project. For example, they could be developers or testers.

I would rate them very good in terms of support. The only issues that we have had are that some plugins are not available.

The initial setup is straightforward. Once you get access to the instance, through the cloud, all you need to do is log in using the credentials. The configuration takes time because it has a very heavy interface with a lot of apps in it, but we find it very user-friendly.

There is a community edition available, but if the price were lower for the addons then more people would use the full version.

What other advice do I have?

Atlassian is a market leader in this segment and I would definitely recommend this solution. I would just like to see more of the features available at a more reasonable cost, which would keep more people from going to the community version.

This is a good solution, but the main thing we want to see is better traceability between epics, features and stories. As it is now, there are only two levels. The link is between an epic and a story or an epic and a feature.