Atlassian Confluence Review

A one-stop shop for all project documentation

What is our primary use case?

We have got our own private Confluence set up. In our department, we use Jira and Confluence a lot. These are our in-house go-to tools for managing the agile ways of working. We sort of follow a bit of both models: traditional and agile. We follow the traditional waterfall model outside of Confluence and Jira, so that's more like requirements, specifications, and documents. There's another team, with which I haven't been that involved, that writes user stories and allocates tasks in Jira. They use it quite heavily.

We use Jira more for agile type processing, like for Kanban boards and all that sort of stuff and allocating work tasks and two-week sprints. It supports the actual agile process. Jira is much more focused on the process of delivery.

What is most valuable?

It is just the fact that it is a one-stop shop for all project documentation. It is compared to storing things in files and directories and stuff like that. It provides the overall usability and accessibility of many projects and documents in one area.

What needs improvement?

It would be good if they can continue working towards making documentation and editing as quick and easy as possible.

It has got a lot of capability, but I don't know how to use it. I don't find some of the things that intuitive. Sometimes, it doesn't seem obvious to me how to use it, but it is like learning any new tool. You actually need to get trained on the tool to get maximum out of it.

I have been using this solution for the last two to three years.

It is scalable.

We have our own engineers.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Atlassian Confluence an eight out of ten. It provides everything for our use cases.

More Atlassian Confluence reviews from users