Atlassian Confluence Review
Decent Wiki Functionality, Awful Search

Valuable Features:

It's relatively easy to use, and has a lot of functionality with regard to formatting wiki articles and embedding content.

Room for Improvement:

The search is pretty terrible. You can search for something that is quite close to text that appears in an article, and nothing will come up. I consistently have a hard time finding the things I care about on our wiki.

Other Advice:

Overall it's a fine tool, but I don't think it provides a whole lot of advantages over other similar options. We use it primarily because we also use JIRA, and working with one vendor makes things easier.
1 visitor found this review helpful

2 Comments

it_user4401VendorPOPULAR

I enjoyed using Confluence because it allowed me to post documentation of in-business content: project documents, business plans and business practices. Confluence is a great repository for technical content and very useful when bringing new team members up to speed when joining new projects.It is also useful for new hires to quickly get themselves acquainted with in-house methods, practices and knowledge. But, from my point of view, Confluence does not have enough options for embedded content. It is used for creating the business infrastructure, and when an employee is in doubt, he just needs to check the wiki.

16 April 14
it_user107157Real User

Our company extensively uses confluence for creating groups of all kinds. At times it can be difficult to find information due to too many meaning-less groups that have been created by users and the abuse of too much useless information being posted. I would recommend user guidelines for posting information and administration for removing groups that are not being used and to monitor whats being posted. Also, the search function still is not very good.

05 May 14