Atlassian Confluence Review
Ease at which employees can curate content and people can discover meaningful and important info are valuable features.

Valuable Features

The ease at which any employee can curate content and the ease in which people can discover meaningful and important information to get their job done.

Improvements to My Organization

We are hard core users so there are a lot of examples: At HomeAway we have product development teams for our sites, they use confluence both to document product roadmaps, and for the integration with JIRA to relay to stakeholders the updated status. It is the only place people go at HomeAway to get information.

Room for Improvement

The ability to delegate administrative roles, very difficult to give someone delegated administrative ability – almost all or nothing.

Use of Solution

My company has been working with Atlassian for 6 years.

Not really, I wasn’t there when it was originally deployed but I have been thru major upgrades.

No. We were having issues but that was because we hadn’t configured properly.

Very high – responsive and very thorough.

Very high – responsive and very thorough.

Formerly used Sharepoint – we like that Confluence has higher usability for the user so we can democratize content creation.

I was not here for the initial setup, but the upgrades setup is complex for us mainly because cloning the environment for testing is complex.

Other Advice

I would definitely not just purchase and install – engage with an expert, there is a lot of power in using Confluence and you need expert guidance to use it all properly.

3 visitors found this review helpful