Atlassian Confluence Review

Far fewer office files are now sent around - the availability of information has helped our organization function better

What is most valuable?

Configurability, modern web application, and the large community.

How has it helped my organization?

Thorough tracking and logging of actions (Nothing gets lost), far fewer office files sent around by collaborating online, instant availability of information.

What needs improvement?

• A lot of bugs already reported to Atlassian are not addressed.
  • Avatars must be square.
  • Status lozenges must offer more than three colors.

5 years.

No issues with deployment.

Yes. Both applications do not recover from loss of database server connection. Even if DB server is back online, applications need a restart.

Up to now it performs ok. We are at 300,000 issues. Getting the impression that it will get tight now.

As an Enterprise Customer the service is not sufficient. Our concerns are not being addressed. Active visits at our site would be appreciated to explain our issues.

Did not need it yet.

We switched because it was the better product for a lesser price.

Initial setup was straightforward.

In-house team.

At the time it was $8000 one off and $4000 yearly maintenance. Atlassian forced to switch to Enterprise licenses which doubled the cost.

Mantis.

What other advice do I have?

Be prepared that functionality of today might be changed or removed or charged separately without being asked. Bugs can be reported but are often not addressed for years. Atlassian may make major design decisions not considering their customers needs and requirements.