Atlassian Crowd Review
LDAP connection is a valuable feature but exporting users/groups toward LDAP has room for improvement

Valuable Features

User/groups assignment to applications, LDAP connection and the Apache module.

Improvements to My Organization

I setup and administrate Crowd for a client of ours. Users are able to perform Single Sign On on all the Atlassian products including Subversion authentication through an Apache module and soon GIT.

Room for Improvement

Exporting users/group toward LDAP and retrieving LDAP attributes like photo profile.

Use of Solution

2 years

I haven't encountered any issues.

Customer Service: On a scale from 1-5 I would give it a 5.Technical Support: On a scale from 1-5 I would give it a 5.

No, it was a need since we use other Atlassian products.

It is straightforward, especially because the standalone version requires only a few things to be configured.

Implementation Team

In-house, I perform setup and maintenance (security patches) on my own.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

$1,200 per year. Once setup, the management is really easy.

Other Solutions Considered

No, we didn't. I am currently evaluating other products to avoid possible vendor lock in and to explore possible new features.

Other Advice

If your budget allows, it is worth purchasing Crowd once you have at least 2 Atlassian products like Jira and Confluence. I would start to put users in an LDAP directory, so other application that cannot connect to Crowd at least can connect to LDAP (see my article on http://opensource.com/business/14/5/top-4-open-source-ldap-implementations).
1 visitor found this review helpful