1) Auconet provides comprehensive control mechanisms for securing networks of any size.
2) Can support network devices of any make.
3) Provides MAC layer (layer 2) authentication of all network hardware, which has higher security, compared to other NAC tools.
4) It works on the basic assumption that VPN, Firewalls, etc. are only capable of blocking external sources of danger and the actual problem lies within the company itself.
5) PortSecurityManager, which is part of Auconet Network Access Control, can be implemented very quickly.
6) Gives a visual depiction of your network structure in real time.
7) Can be seamlessly integrated with the existing infrastructure.
Room for Improvement:
1) Though officially advertised that it supports network hardware of any vendor, in reality, the lesser known vendors are not well supported and often you have to struggle to fix them.
2) Sometimes generates false alarms.
3) UI could have been much better increasing the usability of the product.
Overall, it's a good Network Access Control application and it does a good job by checking both in house, as well as external traffic. The built in Spam checker, Virus Scan, etc. makes the product more useful. There is a definite need to improve the User Interface.