Aurea CX Messenger Review

It solved a lot of load balancing and fault tolerance issues, deployment issues, and improved business possibilities

How has it helped my organization?

We solved a lot of load balancing and fault tolerance issues, deployment issues, and improved business possibilities.

Do not underestimate the Java custom service type possibilities.

What is most valuable?

• MQ: I liked that the transport layer was separated from the business (ESB) layer.
  • ESB: Provides all kind of possibilities to resolve business needs. A lot of ready to use services plus custom Java services. I used a lot of them all.
  • SDM: Very helpful feature for setting up or updating the whole system for as many servers and environments as you needed. Liked this feature a lot and am missing it.

What needs improvement?

You should not hurry with upgrades without testing the whole product completely.

The 2015 version was a nightmare at the beginning compared with 2013 version.

So far, the patched Sonic 2013 was very good product.

With 2015 and its endless upgrades, all seems to be going downhill.

No. All threads worked as expected during load tests, as well in ready to use service types and in custom Java service types.

There were some issues with brokers in some circumstances, but can't remember the issue exactly.

Technical support is not so good lately. Aouali Park was the best partner ever, but later the Indian support was just horrible with suggestions and solutions they offered in some cases. I doubt they really understand what they suggest some times.

At the moment, I work with pure Java and a bit with Oracle SOA Suite, because it is the current corporation choice.

It was not complex compared with a huge Oracle product.

Much better than Oracle SOA Suite.

Yes, we reviewed some open source products, like a RabbitMQ and others.

What other advice do I have?

Think about your needs and possibilities. Sonic is lightweight, scalable, and does the work. Easy to start, setup, and manage.

Compared with Oracle much easier, cheaper, and I can't see the difference if you know how to use it.