Auth0 Review

Easy and flexible integration regardless of the codebase

What is our primary use case?

We were evaluating Auth0 as centralized authentication solution for our in-house development. We are searching for the best solution to take care of this because our product development is ongoing, and we want to find just the right fit. Ultimately, we did not choose Auth0.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it is simple to integrate, irrespective of your codebase.

What needs improvement?

This is a costly solution and the price of it should be reduced.

We had been evaluating and testing Auth0 for between three and four months.

It is pretty much stable. We did not encounter any issues with respect to integration and testing.

Considering we are conducting a PoC, we are not able to fully test scalability. However, our understanding is that it scales well.

My team was in touch with their counterparts from marketing and technical resources, but because it was a PoC engagement, we did not take it further.

We did not use another SSO product before our current PoC began.

We have been evaluating multiple single sign-on solutions including Auth0 and Okta.

We run a successful proof of concept but we did not select Auth0 because their entire structure is hosted on AWS, and we are a data center company so we thought that having the backend hosted on AWS was not the right choice for us.

Had this same solution been available as a private deployment then it would have been the right fit for us.

What other advice do I have?

During our exploration and evaluation, Auth0 and Okta were the top contenders from a pure authentication point. My advice for anybody who is considering such a system is to have multiple authentication systems evaluated from a technical point of view, and adopt the one which rightly suits your use case and requirements. Different products have different features sets, but what matters most is that it is purely compatible with your use case. Scalability is probably the most crucial factor.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More Auth0 reviews from users
...who compared it with Okta Workforce Identity
Find out what your peers are saying about Auth0, OneLogin, Atlassian and others in Single Sign-On (SSO). Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.