Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Speeds manual data processing tasks and supports both scheduled and trigger-based process execution

What is our primary use case?

My primary use cases consist of the following:

1. Filtering and manipulating multiple Excel, CSV, XLS files to gather relevant data as per the business requirements.
  2. Extracting text from searchable and non-searchable PDF files and uploading the data to separate output files or web-based forms.
  3. Scheduling tasks to run on a daily basis or implementing trigger-based process execution.
  4. Implementing email automation in various modules.
  5. Working with external macros and JScript files, depending on the given business logic.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation Anywhere has by far, provided one of the best and easiest solutions to implement RPA. It has helped increase our productivity in the following ways:

1. The scheduling and trigger-based solutions provided by Automation Anywhere have saved the effort of manually checking the conditions and executing tasks.
  2. The OCR commands have made document processing efficient to a certain extent.
  3. Working with external scripts has been very useful; I have used JScript and VBScripts in my processes.

What is most valuable?

The features I found most valuable are:

1. PDF Integration Commands: It is easy to extract text from PDF files in two ways, plain text and structured text. Automated password protected files, as well.
  2. FTP Commands: I found it very easy to automate processes where I have to extract, upload, and rename files on the SFTP server for my process.
  3. Error Handler: One of the most valuable features is the error handler, as this command has helped me design bots that can handle multiple errors and exceptions.
  4. Object Cloning Features: This is one of the most reliable features provided by Automation Anywhere.

What needs improvement?

The product is amazing, nevertheless, it would be really great to see the following points being implemented:

1. Better OCR Extraction: The OCR extraction is good to some extent, but I have seen some cases where it has failed to extract text from a few documents, and this was quite unexpected.
  2. More Excel Commands: The set of Excel commands I am currently using in Automation Anywhere V11.3 are limited. Most of the Excel commands such as filtering and removing duplicates are not available.
  3. Options to edit Document and PPT files: The scope of projects could be expanded if we have such commands.

I have been using Automation Anywhere for more than a year.

More Automation Anywhere (AA) reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about Automation Anywhere (AA). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,962 professionals have used our research since 2012.