Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

IQ Bot is easy to learn and implement and the data output accuracy is almost 90%

What is our primary use case?

We have used AA for multiple applications that were to be automated. We're interfacing a lot with Excel, scanned PDFs, image files, databases, file folders, text files, CSVs, and web applications. It's hard to pin down one. The tool can interact with SAP and Oracle which helps us automate the application faster. Mainframes can be automated and Citrix applications can be automated.

We use it to automate all kinds of business processes. The primary use case is the RPA platform, even though they have the cognitive platform and the analytics platform. We use it for so many different things it's hard to focus on one. Now AIML is also incorporated which is a current requirement and an added benefit.

How has it helped my organization?

Data that was in scanned PDF format could not be extracted, but the IQ Bot feature has made it simpler. It's also easy to use and deploy. It is faster and the new features in A2019 are better than the previous versions of AA 11. Currently, new features like the Data Table have been added which helps in multiple forms.

As it's now completely web-based it can be accessed from anywhere. As AIML is also incorporated where the machine learns by itself it helps in data accuracy and training time for the BOT. Time-saving is achieved and resources can be utilized for some human judgment work.

What is most valuable?

IQ Bot is very helpful as it is easy to learn and implement and the data output accuracy is almost 90%. Over time, the BOT learns from the validation which is an added advantage. Whatever I was thinking for version 11.3, it's being implemented in A2019. The incorporation of Python scripts is also implemented which will be easier for validations. The forms feature in A2019 is useful which can be used for voice processing where only input will be provided and BOT can perform the backend activity and get real-time data instead of Agents searching for the details.

What needs improvement?

In A2019 the dependencies that are being downloaded take a longer time that should be reduced. Migration utility should be provided so we can easily migrate from lower versions to higher versions.

I would like to have reading from a handwritten text, which they are bringing in the next version. That will be a good thing. Some things that I do not see as of today are interactive chat or video interface. These are things that I will look for in the future. I saw something like image recognition, but something like a video or voice recognition is something that I'm looking for in the Automation Anywhere platform as an end-user.

I have been using Automation Anywhere for three years.

The scalability really depends on how much RAM and how much network bandwidth we can do, how many servers we can apply. From the scalability standpoint, I don't think there will be any issues except for the increased costs.

It's good sometimes. Sometimes it takes time.

I have used different solutions. I switched mainly as A2019 is now web-based so desktop dependency is removed. IQ Bot is easier to use and learn for images and scanned documents.

Setup is straightforward.

In-house.

Cost-wise, it should be reduced.

Document Understanding and Abbyy Flexicapture.

What other advice do I have?

Overall its good solution.

More Automation Anywhere (AA) reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about Automation Anywhere (AA). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.