Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Has less coding activity as compared to other tools

What is our primary use case?

Earlier, our payroll process required a lot of human intervention or human dependency as we have Biometric Application and Payroll Application separately. To complete the payroll, we first need to manually fetch the attendance from the Biometric application and manually upload it to the Payroll Application.

We have used it for an HR use case, wherein the BOT automatically fetched attendance from a Biometric application and it uploads it in the Payroll system, and calculates payroll automatically. It also sends emails to all respective employees with their respective payslips.

How has it helped my organization?

It has saved our HR department time since this process automatically happens without anybody's intervention. Our HR department is able to devote their time to more productive work or activities. It has also saved a lot of costs since every employee in the HR department is involved in the attendance and payroll process. Second, the process is now no more human dependent.

Earlier, we used to all work manually and the chances of errors were higher since it was a sensitive process as it involves finance. However, this tool has helped us to automate our payroll process.

What is most valuable?

The most useful features of this tool are that this tool has less coding activity as compared to other tools, it has drag menus. Most Excel/VBA coding is automated in the AA tool, since, in Excel or VBA we need to do manual coding.

The following features are very valuable to us :

• Web Recorder
  • Smart Recorder
  • Work Bench Command Library
  • Object Cloning Command
  • Business Analytics
  • Meta bot Designer
  • File or Folder Command
  • Error Handling Command
  • Control Room Administrator
  • Integrating PDF Using the PDF Command

What needs improvement?

As long as we are using this tool, it includes all features required from a process automation perspective. As of now, we are not looking for any additional features.

However in IQ Bot if the following features can be added then I would be very grateful: The recognition of Voice /Audio

As of now IQ Bot only takes/fetches the record of the places that we have marked. e.g. Invoices fields that are dynamic in nature are very difficult to fetch the data from the scan copy. If this feature gets added, it will save a lot of time for developers.

We have been using AA 2019 for the last year and we have been using Version-11 for the last three years.

It is an absolutely stable tool.

It is very scalable.

Support is good. We received timely support from AA.

No, we did not use a different solution, since we were doing the process manually.

The setup is straightforward.

It was implemented by our internal team members.

It has saved us a lot of time and money.

It is a very effective tool since it requires less coding and one can easily get trained on this tool with little knowledge of coding.

No, we have not evaluated any other tools.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)

AA 2019
More Automation Anywhere (AA) reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about Automation Anywhere (AA). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.