Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Feature-rich, with good PDF data extraction to automate invoice processing

What is our primary use case?

Automation Anywhere is an RPA package for basic Automation to Complex Automation. It also has analytics and cognitive capability.

I have used Automation Anywhere in many use cases from PDF integration to Excel reconciliation. The best use case was invoice processing using IQ Bot. In this process, we download PDFs from an application and pass it to IQ Bot for the extraction of invoice data.

This helps in extracting data from PDF documents and use it to post the invoices. This is something that we had done in a single dev environment, where Automation Anywhere was on-premises and secured in terms of sharing details for data extraction.

I have also explored other products from Automation Anywhere including IQ Bot and Bot Analytics. In addition, I have provided POCs to customers with Attended Automation 2.0 and the Automation Productivity Pack.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization is a COE for RPA and a partner with Automation Anywhere. We have implemented RPA in many of our clients' projects. Not only this, but we have updated the way that we work by adding internal bots to increase our productivity.

We have increased our productivity internally by using RPA with our employees who are completing the same tasks every day. These include jobs like claim management, documentation, etc.

This helps our organization by increasing productivity, and also helps us to understand more use cases that can be applied to our clients' organizations.

What is most valuable?

Automation Anywhere is a package of many features. There is no single feature that will get more value because each feature is important on its own.

I like the software updates because I see new things being added all the time.

The jump From AA v11.3 to A2019 was a great start to help explore RPA and provide more options to developers who are implementing RPA using Java Packages.

This product is easy to use, and it helps business users to more easily understand RPA.

What needs improvement?

I believe Automation Anywhere is working perfectly and it is the best in the market. However, some points based on a development perspective I would like to add are:

1. Universal search.
  2. Creating a variable from anywhere, including from the properties/attributes of commands.
  3. I would like to have the ability to delete multiple variables.
  4. It should be possible to delete multiple parameters for the API.
  5. I would like to have commands to link with the respective knowledge base.
  6. Having a refractor in the code would be an improvement.
  7. A predefined framework for Bot Development that includes an audit log and error handling would be helpful.
  8. It would be useful to have some updates for the control room in terms of analytics.

I have been using Automation Anywhere for the past three-plus years. I have quite a good understanding of the older versions from 10.5 to 11.3, as well as the latest web version A2019.

Stability-wise, this is a good product.

The scalability is good.

Our experience with technical support has been good. The support does screen sharing to solve issues and explain what they are doing.

Prior to working with this RPA solution, I used programming languages for automation. These included VBScript and Python.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Our in-house team deployed this product with the assistance of experts.

If it is saving FTE and Generating a good ROI then it is Worth Investing.

Before choosing Automation Anywhere, I looked at options like free online tools

Google
More Automation Anywhere (AA) reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about Automation Anywhere (AA). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.