Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Bots add a lot of productivity and value to a business

What is our primary use case?

There are multiple use cases. Primarily, we are looking at finance and accounting. So, we have been deploying bots, specifically in the area of account payable and cash applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Bots add a lot of productivity and value to our business, because a robot can work for 24/7. They work a lot better, as compared to a human being, specifically for tasks which are repetitive in nature. Therefore, we are seeing a lot of business value being derived from these bots.

What is most valuable?

There have been a lot of challenges in terms of interfacing with the customer ERPs. So, we have been building tools and interfaces using bots to write back into these custom ERPs. Specifically, in the area where I work, this has been very helpful.

What needs improvement?

I have not seen bots working efficiently in the area of reporting.

The time it takes to scale bots depends process to process, how complex the process is and if you're talking about a specific process. It may takes anywhere from around three weeks to 15 weeks, depending upon the complexities, the number of bots which we are deploying, and the problem these bots are solving.

My team is in touch with the technical support. I don't work directly with them.

Measuring ROI is a combination of multiple factors. It could be saving time, saving money, or getting controls into the systems. It's a combination of all this things.

I would recommend Automation Anywhere, as it is a known, leading solution in the market.

There are a lot of advantages which Automation Anywhere has over a lot of other vendors. Why we chose Automation Anywhere is because of the ease of scripting, the good support that they have, and we can deploy these bots for more customers, whose preference is also Automation Anywhere.

Another thing that I have seen, with finance and accounting, Automation Anywhere is the better fit, as compared to some of the other vendors in the market.

Because of the ease in which we can deploy bots, along with the savings that it generates for our customers, Automation Anywhere definitely has an edge over other vendors.

What other advice do I have?

When we started around two to two and a half years back, ease of use was a problem at the time. Right now, with the scripts and exposure that we have, I don't see a big challenge going forward.

My team has been trained through the Automation Anywhere University, so we do have a lot of people who have been trained on this tool. The training materials are good. The feedback that I have received on the University has been good, as I have not been personally trained through the University.