Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Attended automation is great, but unattended automation is a bit of a struggle

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is process automation. We have automated our reconciliation process.

So far, it has performed okay.

How has it helped my organization?

We have automated our processes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its Excel integration.

We have business users who are developing bots using this solution.

What needs improvement?

It does not easily integrate with customized solutions.

I would like to see more Excel functionality, especially around the copy and paste functions. A lot of our business users utilize the copy/paste special values. We are currently not getting any formatting, etc. It is just a raw data set. To fix this, there are some workarounds that Automation Anywhere needs to build into the app. This would make it a lot easier for us.

Automation Anywhere should better vet their partners and resellers for their packs.

It is pretty stable. Once the upgrades were put in for the latest release, it has been running pretty smoothly in our environment. The key things that Automation Anywhere needs to address is the changes which are in the Microsoft environment going forward and how they are going to address not having Explorer there.

The scalability is pretty easy. It is pretty intuitive for any IT person to scale their environment.

Automation Anywhere technical support has been great. Some of their partner support is less than to be desired.

We did not use a previous solution.

The initial setup was straightforward. There was no need for a reseller or partner to do anything, if they were just going to click the "Next" button.

From pilot to production, we did a three bot pilot, but we did not put those bots into production. We pretty much cut down that environment and started everything back up from scratch.

Now, we have those three bots out in production. They are programmed to be easier and more affordable. Then, we have the rest of our processes that we have identified to take to production for automation that seem pretty easy for the next stage.

We purchased a partner pack. I would not recommend it. The Automation Anywhere support is far superior.

With the bots that we have in production, we have two of them that are time savers. We have a third bot which takes longer being automated than it did with the human process.

At the moment, it is about even time. We are not using it as a money saver.

What other advice do I have?

Start slow. Ensure you have enough processes in the pipeline to keep moving forward. There will be a hurdle to get over, and once you get over that hurdle (learning curve), it will be a lot easier going down that slope.

Attended automation is great. Unattended automation is a bit of a struggle.