Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

We save time through our reduction in cycle time

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for automating our mortgage and loan origination processes.

How has it helped my organization?

We brought onshore a lot of what we were doing offshore, saving our company close to $20 million.

What is most valuable?

Centralized automation is its most valuable feature.

The bot creation process is relatively simple.

What needs improvement?

It is reasonably useful for developers. It can be a challenge for a developer, as it limits what they can do.

I would like centralized orchestration and better exception handling in the next release.

Because of the stability of the application and how it interacts with some of our legacy applications, it does cause difficulties.

It has been three years since we started the bot process.

The stability of the solution is getting better. We have had some issues with the Control Room stability, which makes it harder for us to manage the bots. This is in recent versions.

We are scaling up, but I don't think that we are scaling correctly.

The technical support is solid. They are pretty responsive.

The setup is mostly straightforward.

We used Ernest & Young for the deployment. They helped us get a lot of the work done.

We measure ROI through time and labor savings (FTEs).

We save time through our reduction in cycle time: 30 to 35 days.

We looked at Automation Anywhere and Blue Prism.

What other advice do I have?

Have your business plan well-developed.

The solution is reasonably wide open, so it integrates quite well with other solutions.

The IQ Bots are of limited use to us right now.

We don't use AISense, and the version of the application that we use isn't capable with Citrix.