Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

We are automatizing redundant activities, releasing employees to do value-added activities, but facing a lot of instability issues

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case was for a project in Brazil, where we managed to download and extract all the invoices which were pending for my company and inputted them in our system. The tool works very well.

How has it helped my organization?

We are automatizing redundant activities, releasing employees to do value-added activities.

What is most valuable?

The Control Room is a good feature.

What needs improvement?

I would like more integration around main applications, e.g., SAP.

Automation Anywhere has to keep their RPA tool connected to everything to maintain it in the RPA market.

So far, the stability is not good. We are trying to improve this because we are facing a lot of instability issues. We are now getting some support from the CSM. We are hoping that he will save us from this issue.

It took us three months to scale from pilot to the number of bots that we are currently using. We started by experimenting with a very low number on the license: two Bot Runners and five Bot Creators. Now, we have 60 Bot Runners and 35 Bot Creators. We are improving as we are seeing new opportunities.

The technical support has been good. They have been working closely with us. However, at the beginning, their support was splotchy. Now, we are working on specific issues together, and they are getting more involved when looking at the problem as a whole.

This was our first RPA solution.

The initial setup was straightforward. However, integrating the application was not easy. The first setup was very easy, but building the infrastructure to support the application was complex. I am unsure if the problem was my company or the application, since my company has a lot of bureaucracy when raising new VMs and installing new applications. There are a lot of problems regarding security, which is stopping us to move forward and becoming agile.

We used Ernst & Young for the deployment, and our experience with them was good.

We have saved money with the solution.

This tools allows us to remove two FTEs from repetitive tasks to work on other things.

Annually, we are paying almost one million reais.

We looked at UiPath, Blue Prism, and Automation Anywhere. We chose Automation Anywhere because it is easy to implement and a good UI, which is different from its competitors.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend trying the tool.

We have a few attended automation bots, which are working well. They work better than the unattended automation. It is an evolutionary process.

We are doing the Automation Anywhere University now for our business, which helps with the ease of use. Our business users don't have development skills, and we are hoping that this resolves that. We have taken two courses, so far. We are now examining the collective results of the participants.

We have not used the Bot Store.