Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

It helps to improve and optimize processes

What is our primary use case?

We have use cases in multiple groups: Supply chain, HR, and finance, which has three or four currently identified. We have already implemented a few use cases. E.g., we are automating the entire payment process for accounts receivable.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps to improve and optimize processes. It eliminates some of the manual tasks, so we can save costs.

What is most valuable?

It's eliminating the manual tasks that accounts receivable does.

It was pretty easy to get a new team of developers set up with the tool and using it.

The bot creation process is reasonable simple. It was very easy for my team to pick up and start doing it.

What needs improvement?

We are still looking into some of its current capabilities, like IT Bot.

Less than one year.

We are in our initial phase with a few bots live. So far, we have no major issues. Keeping our fingers crossed.

The architecture allows us to scale. We are still working to get it to a right level of scalability for our environment.

I haven't heard any complaints from the team about technical support. I haven't interacted directly with the technical support, but the team hasn't complained.

We did not previously use another automation solution. I heard about this solution through conventions. When we were looking at optimizing our processes, we talked to few vendors and eventually selected Automation Anywhere.

We started our evaluation about nine months back. In the last six months, we started the process, and now we have a few bots online.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We had an implementation partner who helped with the deployment.

We measure ROI based on the optimization that we have done and how much cost we can save.

• With the rebate processing automation that we did, it has provided us a savings of around an hour or two a person on a daily basis, which is quite a lot of savings.
  • With our accounts receivable process, we are still in the process of implementing it. Once it will be implemented, we are expecting about 30 to 40 hours a month in time saved.

We had a detailed analysis process on all the capabilities of Automation Anywhere, UiPath, and a third vendor. Based on their scores that they got in each area, we eventually ended up selecting Automation Anywhere.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend evaluating all the vendors in this category and seeing what best suits your needs before making a selection.

It was reasonably simple to integrate. This was our first time with it, so we had learned our way through.

The Automation Anywhere University was useful and a good head start for my team. I haven't taken of its courses yet.

We are not using IQ Bot. We are evaluating it, but we haven't made a decision yet.

We don't use Citrix automation.