Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to automate processes internally for my company.

How has it helped my organization?

I build a lot of processes which have saved a lot of time for my company using this solution.

In my previous company, a payroll employee would close a payroll, which resulted in him receiving six to seven reports. He managed 15 companies. Each report took him 30 to 40 minutes per company. With Automation Anywhere, I was able to save this work time for him. He was then able to focus on other value-added tasks. The bot now pulls the report for him, sending it directly to the client.

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to use and learn compared to a programming language, where you have to have a background in coding. Anyone can learn it. Learning the software is easy.

As a developer, the product is easy to use. It has a lot of commands that I can select from, such as folders, organizing files, and going to websites. It saves time from what a human would be doing.

What needs improvement?

The only challenge is knowing the process of using the software.

I would like to have Git implemented with the version control system.

Sometimes, the recorder from Automation Anywhere does not work well and is inaccurate. This should be improved.

I haven't had experience with the technical support. I never call them.

I would like them to have better license management.

Automation Anywhere is a very friendly tool compared to other RPA tools.

What other advice do I have?

Look into the usefulness of RPA robotic process automation. As a solution, Automation Anywhere is complete for business users and developers.

The bot creation is easy if you have one or two TaskBots. However, if the process is complex, you will need to split the process into modules.

The solution integrates very well with other applications. Though, it only works with Internet Explorer right now, but you can run other applications with an open program. Object clone captures the objects very well from the software. It code APIs, run stuff from the back-end (like SQL queries), and executing procedures. Everything is in one package.

While I am registered to take courses with Automation Anywhere University, I don't feel that I need to take them. I learn from hands-on training.

I am new to learning about IQ Bot, but I think it is really useful for an insurance company because they scan documents all the time.