Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

It removes repetitive work from our teams, but it could have better logging and alerting features

What is our primary use case?

We have a variety of different use cases, specifically for marketing and finance.

• Our first goal is to look at automating repetitive tasks.
  • Our second goal is to have Automation Anywhere scale from RPA into a more cognitive tool, providing higher value solutions to the business.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to take resources that have been doing manual work and putting them into more productive work. This has been a positive impact.

We are using it to optimize our processes, then automating them.

It removes demotivating, repetitive work from our teams.

What is most valuable?

Orchestration is the valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

A lot more can be done to make the solution easy for developer to use. While it is good as a base product, it could have better logging and alerting features. We would like the tools to have more usability, especially for humans in the middle.

Other solution features which are offered by competitors, like IBM, should now be part of the part of the Automation Anywhere suite of products.

I need high value products to be created, so I need integration with other solutions. Machine learning and AI need to be integrated with Automation Anywhere. While IQ Bot is a good beginning, our company does not work with manual paperwork since we are already digital. We would like to see more integration with cognitive tools going forward.

It took us eight months to scale to our current number of bots.

We used a strategic partner (integrator) for the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

Set good expectations with your senior management regarding going after the right processes. Look at innovative areas to implement a prepared robotic process automation workflow, so you can reap the benefits at a later time.

Automation Anywhere University is nice. The courses are very intuitive.