Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

From a developer standpoint, the tool is very strong, but they are looking forward to code versioning coming out

What is our primary use case?

We automate bots for our clients. We identify processes that our client need to automate. If we see that Automation Anywhere is the best platform for them, then we recommend it, and help them to implement some bots.

I work with South American clients.

What is most valuable?

The Control Room for the bots and its ability to connect bots with APIs are the most valuable features.

From my developer's point of view, the tool is pretty strong. Our developers are happy with the features that Automation Anywhere has.

What needs improvement?

Our developers are looking forward to code versioning.

I would like to see GitHub or GitLab integration in the next version.

It would be nice to have more screen scraping features for legacy systems. This needs improvement, because it doesn't work very well at the moment.

I would also like to see cloud capabilities, but they announced that is coming.

It took one to one and a years to scale to our current number of bots.

I have seen that the South American support is not as good as it should be. I would recommend them offering onsite support after the initial support.

They offer onsite support at the beginning, and this works well. Once this team leaves, the client is not enabled to work with the product. During the second and third stages of the setup, the client then has to hire a partner to help them resolve issues and put things into production.

We don't feel Automation Anywhere was there for our clients after the initial setup.

We measure ROI by saved time, FTEs reduced, and number of errors reduced.

Once the license is sold, the support could improve.

The main players in the market do pretty much the same thing.

What other advice do I have?

Don't choose the platform first. Identify what you are trying to solve. Look out for the type of support that you will have in your region (local support). Assess the local support.

The developers have to love it, or they are not going to use it.

For some legacy systems, integration with other solutions is not as easy as it sounds. For standard integrations with other solutions, Automation Anywhere is alright.

I haven't used the cognitive document processing features.