Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

The scalability is good. However, when it comes to stability, complex bots always have issues.

What is our primary use case?

We have automated a lot of back-end processes. We started with easier tasks and are moving onto more complex tasks now.

How has it helped my organization?

We have a use case where we need to digitize documents, and we will be using the IQ Bot going forward. We are excited to work with Automation Anywhere on this in the future.

What is most valuable?

The OCR is the most valuable feature, though this is a third party feature that we have integrated. It is quite easy to integrate with other solutions.

What needs improvement?

The commands are not working 100 percent as the developers thought that they would.

We tried Citrix six months ago, but the solution that they gave us did not work in our environment.

I would like the IQ Bot to have plug and play functionality.

When it comes to stability, complex bots always have issues.

The stability needs improvement.

The scalability is good.

Sometimes, it takes 24 hours to get a response from the technical support.

We decided to pursue an RPA software because we had a lot of error prone legacy systems.

It took six months for us to start our bot process because of issues, like security and setting up servers.

We deployed it in-house.

We have automated over 2000 man-hours.

We also looked at UiPath.

What other advice do I have?

The Automation Anywhere University courses are very good.

The bot creation process depends on your use case, e.g., the simpler the use case, the simpler the creation process.

I would rate the tool as a seven out of ten.