Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

A good tool for RPA focused development

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to improve cost savings or FTE usage through automation.

How has it helped my organization?

The product is still new for us, but we are already starting to think about different ways to deploy things to development.

What is most valuable?

The product is easy to use. It is a good tool for developers and business users.

What needs improvement?

Getting the bot design into the developer's hands is taking longer than we initially anticipated.

I like the ability to grant specific permissions to specific users and want to see this rolled out in future versions.

We have only deployed this solution for three months.

We have three bots in production. We are currently working on scaling up to 30 bots.

The technical support could be better, especially with their responds. They always caring through with their timing though.

We started looking at solutions that would make the process faster without redesigning it.

The initial setup was not complex, but we did need assistance to get it up and running.

To deploy our initial three bots, we used a partner (Accenture). Now, we are doing our own development.

We measure ROI by evaluating the entire process:

• How long does it take to run everything?
  • How many FTEs are running the process?
  • What are the savings from a quality standpoint?
  • What processes are now able to be run over the weekend without someone monitoring them over the weekend?
  • What are the penalty if something is not automated?

We also looked at Blue Prism.

What other advice do I have?

Start with a good integrator. That is what we did.

It is a good tool for RPA focused development.

We have been able to integrate the tool with other software. So far, we had no issues.

I have taken one course through Automation Anywhere University. It was not a bad experience. I am planning to take more courses in the future. However, the courses are very long.