Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

An easy to use product, but we would like them to add Citrix going forward to mitigate costs

What is our primary use case?

It is primarily used for accounting apps. So far, it has been okay. It's for a small implementation.

We have automated account reconciliations.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its ease of development.

It's pretty easy for people who don't have a tech background to use. It is one of the easiest tools for them to use. We are using it for scripting, and it is end user based with screen captures. It is a bit easier to use than any of the other tools out there.

What needs improvement?

There are a few things that could be done better, so we can monitor properly. They need to improve in terms of development and enhancements. We need to get the right feature sets in place as an enterprise.

We would like to use Citrix going forward. We use Bot Runners to scale up, and it gets to be expensive. Using Citrix, it can mitigate costs.

We went through the documentation, it looks pretty easy to scale.

It took six months to scale from pilot to our current number of bots.

The technical support is good.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. The document was good. Everything went as expected.

The deployment was done in-house.

We don't have an ROI in any of our processes. We are just trying it out now to see if it works.

We haven't had any savings yet. We have been putting more time in than saving time at this point.

Our annual licensing costs are around $100,000 a year.

We chose Automation Anywhere through a process of elimination. We evaluated all the RPA products out there and decided on Automation Anywhere mainly based on ease of use.

We also looked at Blue Prism.

What other advice do I have?

We looked at the Bot Store initially and didn't find much. We looked a year ago, so maybe we will take a look again.

I don't have much experience with attended automation.

Try It For Yourself