Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Saving primarily time, we have a high ROI

What is our primary use case?

We wanted to have more automation around our customers' processes. We do claim insurance type processing. Therefore, we wanted a process for their first notice of loss and a lot of the government regulations that they have to handle.

How has it helped my organization?

We started using the tool in-house to help us deploy a lot of our own internal processes. We also use it to deploy Automation Anywhere bots to set up other virtual machines and deploy software.

We have automated sending out a first notice of loss. We have done some automation of incoming documents, but it has been somewhat hard. Therefore, we are looking at IQ Bot, as a possible solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are ease of use and deployment. It has very good ease of use.

It integrates very well with other applications.

What needs improvement?

I am looking forward to seeing writing on Linux in the web and WorkBatch in the next release.

The stability is very good. I haven't had any issues.

The scalability is very good. I haven't had any issues.

From pilot to our current number of bots, it took about two months.

The technical support is very good.

We chose Automation Anywhere over other solutions due to the ease of deployment. We had also looked at UiPath, but their deployment was more difficult. We have some on-premise clients, so we were going to have to also deploy Automation Anywhere for them in their environment, and we needed something easy to roll out.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We used a reseller for the deployment.

Our return on investment is high. We have saved primarily time.

If you are looking into Automation Anywhere, get the Community Edition and play with it.

What other advice do I have?

I like the Automation Anywhere University courses.

We are looking at using IQ Bot to digitize documents.