Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

It can tag different components within the automation

What is our primary use case?

We use it for multiple internal processes across multiple functions.

We work with good people who have very defined goals and very defined approaches of how to execute and achieve their goals.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation Anywhere takes a lot of mundane, competitive work out of the hands of people, increasing the quality, because it is consistent. It also enables us to have patience with these manual processes.

What is most valuable?

It has the ability to tag different components within the automation. We built it to track the ROI and stability of the product.

I find attended automation useful.

What needs improvement?

The product is not the best that it could be. There is always room to improve it a bit more. They are heading in the right direction with their innovations.

It is very stable. The stability of the solution also has to do with how good the developers are from Automation Anywhere and on the user side. So, we've seen an increase in stability, not from the tool, but from the level of the people which are working on it. As our people work with Automation Anywhere, they learn from past mistakes. They have been able to configure the bots better, which then fail less, making them more stable.

It is definitely scalable. What we found worked for us to make it scalable was it has to be programmed by an architect, as opposed to letting it just be in the hands of the masses trying to solve it. This has been our approach.

It took us eight months to a year to scale from zero bots to 100.

We mostly use our own technical support.

When we do escalate issues to Automation Anywhere, we have a good relationship with them.

We did not switch from what we previously had.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We did the deployment.

We measure our ROI through money and time saved. That's how we measure the product's value. We look at the hours performed by humans, and those hours have a cost associated with them. We multiply our transactions by the number of hours it used to take by humans.

Time-wise: We have saved hundreds of thousands of hours.

We chose Automation Anywhere because they are best in class.

What other advice do I have?

Do your research thoroughly.

We are still using people who can figure our bots as their profession. We have not release the product from the ground up.

We don't use the Bot Store.