Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

VIDEO

What is our primary use case?

We try to automate processes within the operations department of our company.

What is most valuable?

For Automation Anywhere, there are a few commands that are my favorites. The object cloning command is the strongest command that I've worked with, as well as all the Excel commands.

You do not need to have IT skills. I come from a finance background, so I can attest to the fact that you do not need IT skills to use Automation Anywhere to leverage it on your teams.

What needs improvement?

More interactions with PDFs would be great for Automation Anywhere.

The ability to use more legacy technology for object cloning, flash plugins, etc.

A lot of their Excel commands could use some improvement. I noticed sometimes the functions don't work properly or the ability to use over a macro isn't as efficient. So, definitely the Excel commands and the ability to use formulas for Excel could use improvement.

Automation Anywhere has had a increased positive impact in terms of stability. Leveraging the use of this technology with other emerging technologies has had a positive impact on our company.

With scalability, it is all about the frequency. I can have the bot run 24/7 or I could have the bot run on weekends. In terms of scalability, it definitely works faster and more than a human does.

When it came to a lot of people in our company just doing mundane, repeatable tasks, we realized that they are not interested in their workflow. So, if we can automate the tasks that are mundane and repeatable, our employees will be able to engage in more higher value tasks, then be happier at work.

It was a straightforward setup. There are definitely some hurdles that we had to go through.

Just trying to get IT and Automation Anywhere to work together to build a resilient solution was a bit of a challenge, but it was more straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would give it a 10 out of 10. The ease of use of the application is very smooth for us. Coming from a finance and business background, I did not have any challenges using the application. It is extremely versatile. I can use it with internal applications, external applications, websites, Excel sheets, and so many other documents. So, it's definitely one of the best of RPA applications that I've used yet.