Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

The terminal emulator and PDF scanning features contribute to the ease of use

What is our primary use case?

We are primarily using this solution for banking, healthcare, and Agile processes. We implement automation solutions for our clients.

How has it helped my organization?

I have been using this solution for the past three or four versions, and the look and feel have improved a lot. A lot of functionality has been added, including control room features and deployment features. It takes some time to analyze and overcome the technical aspects before deployment, but now, we know that we have an easy time in development and deployment.

Our solutions are easily understood by the client and they do not have any difficulties.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the ease of using it. Even as we were getting into RPA for the first time, I found it easy to understand this tool.

The terminal emulator and the automatic scanning of PDFs are good features that you can do really easily.

What needs improvement?

We would like to be able to directly implement automation for Word documents and XML. Currently, we have to write a script or some code in Python, and there is no direct solution. Basically, I'm expecting some things that are more innovative.

It would be great if technical support were a little faster.

I would like to see more documentation for automation.

This solution is very stable, even though it is growing in an aggressive way.

We are implementing complex solutions in health planning care, HR, and banking, so there are a lot of things that you have to consider when it concerns data and the information. Sometimes we get an error where the port will hang, or the solution will change over a period of time, but generally, the solution is scalable. I would rate scalability an eight out of ten.

Technical support for this solution is good, but sometimes to takes a long time for them to get back to us. Sometimes we face technical issues while we are downloading, and there has been a delay in getting support. If this could be minimized then it would be great.

I have worked with other solutions and information providers before, and this solution is easier to use.

The initial setup of this solution is pretty simple.

It takes approximately a week and a half to set up automation. We have already had some examples and demos, so setting up is very easy. Learning will take some time after that.

We perform the integration for this solution with our in-house team.

We have seen ROI since implementing this solution. We started with the HR processes and we are using healthcare information. It has given a decent ROI. We used to have fifteen employees, but now there are two or three who manage and support the bots.

Choosing this solution for our clients concerns multiple aspects. I have to think about the complexity of the solution and how much time it takes compared to other solutions. These things considered, Automation Anywhere is a decent competitor and gives a better solution. Even through the development and debugging phases, it give very good performance without scalability issues.

We have worked with both Blue Prism and UiPath

What other advice do I have?

For anybody who is learning and wants to use RPA, I would suggest starting with Automation Anywhere. There are many things to consider including the technical capabilities, the length of time for development, the number of pieces that there are, what the support is, and how easily the bots are deployed.

This is a good solution, but some pieces are missing and there are issues with support.