Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Technical support provides solutions to our issues, but upgrades cause the tool to be unstable

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for automating regular applications. We will get data from users, then automate that application. An example of a process that we would automate:

• We get a bank statement.
  • We would need to upload those records into the regular application.
  • We would need to update the invoice numbers into our regular applications.
  • We need to validate everything before uploading all the data.

What is most valuable?

It rectifies small things.

What needs improvement?

I make changes, but when updates happen, then I have to make those changes again. This has to be fixed from the product side, so we are not continuously making changes again after updates. It takes us four to five weeks to develop a bot and the upgrades erase a lot of that work, because it takes another two weeks of small coding changes after an upgrade has been released.

We are looking forward to seeing additional features in version 11.3, such as the new APIs and MetaBot features. They are also adding Jenkins and AWS.

We just started using it.

With any new upgrades, we have to make changes in the codes. To us, this means that the tool is not stable. We have been told by Automation Anywhere that this will be fixed in future releases.

This value-add product is fast growing.

We have 20 bots in production.

The technical support is fine. As soon as we raise an issue, we can get the technical support that we need. They provide the solutions to our issues.

We deployed the solution in-house.

We haven't seen ROI yet, but we will see it in the future.

What other advice do I have?

We haven't faced any major issues with the tools that we are using.