Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

A good, customizable solution that helps save time and handle repetitive tasks but deployment time should be reduced

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for automation of data management and repetitive tasks.

How has it helped my organization?

We used to have a much more labor-intensive means of data management and cleansing which lacked real automation. We would have to manually massage the data in several steps with import and export of data to and from Excel which was not efficient. We have mostly eliminated the unreliable transfer of data via Excel and the potential for human error is greatly reduced by automated processes.

What is most valuable?

We are using all of the features and all are important and valuable but the automation and flexibility are the things which make the product work as a solution for us. As we can customize the functionality to what we need it makes us more efficient.

What needs improvement?

They might add some features that competing products already have and do something to help reduce deployment time.

We occasionally have a problem with stability but it may have more to do with what we don't know about the program. I think that it is generally a stable solution. When we have stability issues we check logs to identify the problems and resolve them. These are mostly performance issues. Once it is solved we don't have that stability issue any longer.

I think the scalability of the solution is very good. We don't have any problems enhancing what we do except for the time in programming and troubleshooting.

The technical support is really good actually. When I submit a ticket, within two or three hours I have an answer. So far when I apply the solutions they have worked, so it seems good.

We were using another solution which included manually checking data and Excel and it was apparent we were taking too much time with things that could be automated. When we started using Automation Anywhere we took baby steps to begin to make a difference but it saves time for us and will continue to save more.

The setup is complex because there is a lot of customization. The availability of the deployment was not really fast because of the amount of work we had to do. It is not so difficult but it is time-consuming. It might be an area where the product can improve.

We are doing our own implementations and upgrades, so we are managing it.

After realizing we needed a better solution than what we were doing, we did evaluate other options like Blue Prism. It is not so much that either solution seemed worse more than they are different. We went with Automation Anywhere because it seemed to have more features which we really needed and were looking for.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would give this product a seven. Everything has room for improvement but also I think the product could be a little easier to deploy.