Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

User-friendly automation tool that is easy to learn and use, but sometimes the object cloning is inaccurate

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is automation of processes for people services, such as data management of the employees, and financial processes, like reporting, financial reporting, and month-end closing activities.

How has it helped my organization?

it helps to save time when doing processes. E.g., when you do a manual process for eight hours, that time is saved because the bot will do that task for you. The process owners will be able to do the analysis part. The repetitive/manual part will be done by the robot.

Another advantage is that bot functions 24/5 and humans cannot do that for our processes because they need to go home.

What is most valuable?

• Easy to use
  • Very user-friendly
  • Easy to learn

What needs improvement?

When using MetaBot, we cannot viably search inside it.

When we debugging the automation, we cannot see where the automation goes after doing a subtask.

The object cloning is inaccurate sometimes, but this can be improved with future versions.

For A2019, I am looking for a faster running bot because I am still experiencing delays when running the bot.

Automation Anywhere is stable right now. It is constantly improving its user experience and the tool. The stability depends on how process owners, the business, and developers use Automation Anywhere to improve the processes of the company.

80 percent of the bots do not need to be supervised. However, 20 percent need to supervised because sometimes errors occur during the run. Most of the errors that I have encountered have been because the object cloning did not capture the buttons properly.

Automation Anywhere is very scalable as to the costs and benefits to the company.

I have already created 15 to 20 bots already. I think they're running well today.

The tech support of Automation Anywhere is very supportive regarding the voice of the customer. E.g., they ask for our feedback about what should be improved on their automation tool. This is one of the things customers look for in a product or tool.

I wasn't involved in the initial setup. I just use the tool.

Our IT team set up the automation without the help of a third-party.

The main difference is between Automation Anywhere and its competitors (UiPath and Blue Prism) is that Automation Anywhere is user-friendly. You still need programming language to use UiPath and Blue Prism. For Automation Anywhere, even if you don't know a programming language, you can easily learn the tool and use it.

What other advice do I have?

Automation Anywhere is a great, user-friendly automation tool, but it still has room for improvement, like the MetaBot and object cloning part.