Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Helpful automation for Excel operations, but our high-availability setup was not straightforward

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is in finance. We have a lot of things that we are trying to automate, including performing operations in Excel.

We are using IQ Bot for one of our use cases.

I am currently trying to prioritize use cases to fit different scenarios and make the best use of this solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature in this solution is the IQ Bot. We are also able to perform many types of operations.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see the scalability improve from a local perspective.

This is a stable solution. We do see downtime, but it has more to do with the operating system and the servers. From an application perspective, the downtime is close to nil.

This solution has scalability. We have more than forty bots running.

From a technical perspective, their support is pretty good. We get a ticket after submitting a request for help.

We have a high-availability setup, so it was not a straightforward one.

We performed the implementation, although we had to contact Automation Anywhere for assistance during the installation.

The initial numbers look good, so I think that we will see ROI over time.

What other advice do I have?

For anybody who is considering an RPA solution, I would suggest exploring the limits. Compare products and decide, but try this one out.

We are excited to try a cloud version of this solution.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.