Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Drastically reduces manual work for employees

What is our primary use case?

I have automated HR, hotel, and some IT processes. I have also automated processes in SAP.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation Anywhere drastically reduces manual work for employees.

A process that I automated was taking data from one of website and matching/reconciling it with bank statements. I used Automation Anywhere to place the data from our website and compare that with the bank statement. Most of the bank statements were in PDF format. I extradited the data from the PDF format and copied that to an SCS Suite file. From there, I started comparing the values and reconciling them.

What is most valuable?

Object learning is a one of the best things that can be found in Automation Anywhere.

Image recognition is pretty good for our Citrix environment.

The new thing is the IQ Bot, where it gets data from unstructured data.

What needs improvement?

Citrix should be more stable.

MetaBot helps getting data from SAP, but we still have some cases where we cannot fetch data from SAP. They should improve this.

They could add more commands that we can find in other tools. In emails that we have to download, we cannot read the MS docs. There is another type of procedure that we have to follow to find these things and download them. We are doing most of these things in a MetaBot format. For SAP and Excel, we are also using MetaBots. These commands need to be improved, especially in Excel because they are only a limited number of commands for Excel. Other tools have very good Excel commands, but Automation Anywhere lags here.

The stability is good.

It has very good scalability. We can implement across all domains.

We have deployed bots in very few cases internally, like five to six bots. We mostly deploy bots for clients and their purposes. In these cases, we have deployed more than 500 bots from our ASD to the client.

I would rate the technical support as a six out of ten. They are combining the tech support and forums into one portal. However, we have had delays in some of their response times. Their responses have been good, though.

The technical support helps us with a bunch of our clients. We get queries from our clients, then we try to solve them. If we are stuck on some issues, then we will contact the help desk. It is there that we will get help from the tech support.

For version 11.3, I am good for the tech support, but they are ending the support for version 10.

The initial setup was good.

We deployed it in-house. We have good technical support team for installation, etc.

I am not sure about the costs, but two Bot Runners and four Bot Creators may cost approximately 1CR.

What other advice do I have?

For the beginners, it is an easy tool compared to other tools in market. Users can understand the line by line code and code it easily. There is no syntax or anything else. They can easily drag and drop, executing the bot directly.