Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Offers a Community Edition for new users to learn on

What is our primary use case?

We are currently doing automation on the ground level. There are a lot of unexplored areas of RPA (different scenarios) that we have not captured yet.

How has it helped my organization?

On a daily basis, we had to update a few things on SAP where we had slight challenges. With the help of scripts and DLL, we could solve these problems.

What is most valuable?

The main things that we give to our clients are its Excel functions and the terminal emulator.

What needs improvement?

The main problem that we see is migrating data from one system to other system. This is where a human comes into the picture. While we can do Excel crude data going into an ERP system, we would like it going forward if the Excel to SAP integration had a higher focus in the coming features.

The Excel functions that we see are currently very limited. While I have not tested it, I have seen these functions expanded in version A2019.

I would like more detailed activity logging of what the client does. Currently, it just shows that a task started, then a task has ended. We want more detail around this for our clients, especially for error logging. E.g., we had to create an encrypted log for our clients to see what happens every second for every step. We made this in a CSV, and that CSV can be accessed by anyone who can change it. If Automation Anywhere could integrate this into the Control, that would be great.

I started learning this tool three years ago.

You cannot expect an ERP system or any third-party system to remain constant. You have to stay on top of those. You spend about 20 percent of your rebuilding or changing something.

I have no issues with the scalability. For a current client, we have deployed easily around 100 to 120 bots which are running in production.

It would be really good if they could give more priority to tickets which are raised by partners. Right now, Automation Anywhere customers and employees have higher priority.

As a partner, we usually use whatever is online or the Automation Anywhere website. We search that to see if anyone else has already faced this issue and provided a resolution on the site. 80 percent of the time it is there. If it is not there, then I raise a ticket or call a hotline number.

With our current knowledge, the initial setup process is fine. The setup was easy for me.

With the Community Edition, a new user to RPA can utilize the tool and start learning how to use it.

As a partner, we work with other competitors as well. Most clients prefer Automation Anywhere because it is easy to implement. You don't need to know rocket science to learn this solution. If you know logic, that is sufficient. Automation Anywhere is more user-friendly.