Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Provides cognitive automation with IQ Bot and Bot Insight, saving us in terms of FTE

What is our primary use case?

I belong to the learning and development department, and this solution is part of our capability. We do not have only a single use case. We work on POCs for SMEs, handling the automation of modules such as Vendor Master and journal entries.

How has it helped my organization?

In the projects that we are getting, we have been using Automation Anywhere for things like automating Excel. This is a solution that was recommended to us, and we have a roadmap for our resources to scale up and work on that. I see our work with SMEs as a collaboration with Automation Anywhere.

What is most valuable?

The cognitive automation gives us an edge towards intelligence using IQ Bot, and this allows us to integrate and give a combined solution to a customer.

It is really helpful that this solution is deployed in the cloud.

What needs improvement?

The integration of IQ Bot, Bot Insight, and other products should be flawless, and the execution should be seamless, so this needs to be improved.

The vendor should make recommendations based on our customer's requirements so that they can make the right choice.

Automation Anywhere will sometimes announce releases or updates in their roadmap, and we wait for them, but they do not happen on time or at all. This happened, for example, when we had an issue with IQ Bot. We ended up waiting for two more months.

We have been using this solution for about one year.

The stability of this solution is good. I don't see any issues with the product itself, although when we were integrating, there were a few issues that have since been phased out.

It is on a case-by-case basis, where we found that some things were not working smoothly. As soon as you start integrating other products, using them hand-in-hand, there are issues. Automation Anywhere was there with us to understand and resolve the issues. I had to go myself to identify and understand them, and it was a long process, but it was sorted out.

This is a scalable solution that is robust and will help to take us forward.

Technical support is very good, and we are getting what we require. Initially, it wasn't that great at the start of the year. We had a discussion with them and came up with a communication plan. Since then, it has helped us out and we are happy with that.

The initial setup of this solution is simple. We had the required support and the materials were all delivered, so we were able to do it easily.

The deployment was performed by our in-house team, and we have control rooms to monitor the bots.

We have seen ROI with this solution in terms of automating manual processes, resulting in FTE benefits.

We purchased the commercial version with the license.

Compared to UiPath, this is a robust tool.

We considered both UiPath and Blue Prism, and I feel that Automation Anywhere is still leading. It is more stable and more structured. They also have the support staff.

What other advice do I have?

This is a stable solution and a product that you can go for.