Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Extracting unstructured data through IQ Bot is a game changer

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is data extraction: How to extract the data and run the components alongside it.

I have been using version 11 Community Edition, which is good. After coming to Bangalore and this morning session, they showed an example of A2019, which is the latest version. That is a game changer. What we did not have in the previous version has included in this version. I had a little preview of all the changes, and I'm pretty impressed by it.

What is most valuable?

Automation Anywhere has a Bot Store. E.g., you can download the bot from the Bot Store and utilize it's data extraction capabilities. You can extract unstructured data through IQ Bot. Getting unstructured data is not difficult. I once obtained an 84 page PDF file using an IQ Bot. This was just the trial version, and it was really good. I was able to get all the circuit IDs and properties that wanted in a simple CSV format. I had not seen anything like this before. When compared to other platforms, such as UiPath, they don't have these capabilities right now. They have activities like PDF extraction, but that's not good enough. That is a reason I'm referring Automation Anywhere as a game changer.

What needs improvement?

I would like more cognitive abilities, artificial intelligence, and machine learning. E.g., if I see you, your facial recognition has to be there. If I send your picture, it should tell me your name, where you are from, and when I met you because we forget people. It should have these type of capabilities.

Stability is a key factor. It is pretty stable. After they launch the cloud version, whether you are in my country or I'm in your country, it won't matter. You can access it anywhere. You won't need a version to download or install.

Right now, I have it on my laptop, but when it is on the cloud, it will be more stable. Anybody will be able to access it. That's the beauty of it.

The scalability is pretty impressive. You can scale it from one computer to hundreds of computers. You don't even need Citrix. Once it is on the cloud, you can access it from anywhere.

Automation Anywhere technical support is pretty good. I would rate them as an eight out of 10. I'm giving them an eight out of 10 because this community is still developing right now. I will not say it's fully developed. We are in a market where other contenders are also there. It is a very neck and neck competition between UiPath, Blue Prism. and Automation Anywhere. Between them, somebody is good at some things, and somebody is good at others. That is why I cannot give the support a 10 out of 10. However, because of this product's features, I would rate Automation Anywhere as a 10 out of 10.

My sales team did the decision-making. We are in negotiations for some other clients, as well.

Our previous programs have run successfully with it.

I've used UiPath as a developer. Now, I'm using Automation Anywhere as well. When I compare both, the biggest point is cognitive abilities. The IQ Bot is the best in class. You won't find that even in UiPath.

What other advice do I have?

All the available versions of competing automation tools are available, UiPath or Automation Anywhere. Download them and think about it, then decide for yourself.

Cost cutting is the primary reason to look at getting an RPA solution. Humans are not intended to do just manual work. If I give that manual work of 14 minutes, 30 minutes. or one hour to some bot, and it can do the work without any problems. That time is now yours, and you can do something else. You can build relationships, you can have a friendship with somebody, or you can do something nice. This is what we humans were intended to do.

I'm certified in a UiPath, and now I'm going to gain my certification in Automation Anywhere.

Try It For Yourself