Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Easy, straightforward setup and onboarding processes

What is our primary use case?

There are a lot of templates where details come in different formats. There is no way this can be totally automated without the human intervention, but human intervention takes a  long time. We are trying to figure out what software to use, so we can automate the entire process without human intervention and the data transfers without errors. We also need faster processing of the data to happen at a higher level.

How has it helped my organization?

We are working with one of the bots where we send claims through WhatsApp. Any user could take a photo in WhatsApp, then send that data to the organization. Now, whenever a photo is takes, different phones have different primary resolutions, and the data being captured is not clear data. At that moment, the data is automated to a very power system which centralizes the process to one point. This is what we are using for the insurance provider. They fill out the claims form and send this information to the organization, then we use automation tools to automate the process and come to a conclusion.

What is most valuable?

We are using IQ Bot for automation and marketing things.

False positives: We are trying to determine how false positives are generated. This is our key challenge. We are trying to assess how they are reusing the algorithm for automation.

What needs improvement?

The technical support needs to be improved. Often, this is the first time people are working with automation.

I would like to see more marketing automation. I believe more marketing stuff can be automated through bots. Currently, marketing automation is not there. It needs machine learning to automate the process. This is something that I would like to see.

We are using most of the automation tools on a pilot basis.

There is a lot of scope for improvement in terms of stability. It is a concern, because right now we are close to 20 to 25 percent false negatives that are coming up. If we can work on standardizing the template for any automation tools, that would be key in working on the stabilizing the software.

Technology for scalability is very powerful because we are using Amazon AWS.

You can take scalability for granted if your algorithms are properly working.

Technical support needs to be worked on as the turnaround time can be around a week, even though we are just using the solution on a pilot basis. We are working in real-time with realistic data. While the process of a logging a ticket is good, the process from logging a ticket to closure needs faster support time.

The setup and onboarding processes were easy and straightforward. It was very easy to onboard because it was more about the data. We learned how to streamline the process during that time, which was good.

We used a consultant for the deployment.

It is too early to determine ROI.

We are using the trial version. We are still trying to come to a conclusion about purchasing the product, which will take some time.

Their licensing processes are in par with most industry standards.

We looked at a lot of vendors. Automation Anywhere has brand recognition.

What other advice do I have?

Go to conferences to analyze what suits your business. Automation is very important if you want to grow your business to the next level because of the transparency, speed, and scalability for any organization. While there isn't any ready-made solution in the market, consider checking out the closest solutions and modifying them to suit your needs. Then, start using it.