Automation Anywhere (AA) Review

Control Room lets us schedule bots to perform tasks while we are out of the office

What is our primary use case?

We are in the banking domain. We use Automation Anywhere for loan processing to support its journey from each state until the loan is approved. We focus on title commission. We are trying to remove the human repetitive component, bring in automation, and help humans do value-added jobs.

Up until August, we were using version 10.5. Recently, we migrated to the new version 11.3.2.

How has it helped my organization?

We have hundreds of cases a day. There were around two to three employees who were just moving a case from one state to another. This was a repetitive, tedious job, which was frustrating for the employees. It helps to have the bot doing this work now. We have immediately seen effects, so this is a good use for it.

What is most valuable?

The Control Room is the most valuable feature. This is where I can schedule a task. It runs 24/7, so it's a great feature that I love. If we are not in office, we can schedule something and leave, then the bot will run at the scheduled time.

What needs improvement?

In the previous version, we were facing auto login failure issues. The production machine would go down on a daily basis. Later, once we had stability, the tasks don't fail because of the object cloning issue. Therefore, all issues have been resolved in the new version. I'm happy with that.

In the new version, we got options for running the bot in attended mode as well as unattended mode.

Triggers work in the attended mode on Automation Anywhere. I would love it if we could use triggers in the unattended mode too. This way we can use the feature more in our IT sector. E.g., when any service or folder is accessed by unauthorized person, we want to be able to get an immediate trigger, even on "out of office", this would be helpful for my organization.

The stability issue in the previous version has been resolved. So, we are happy and this have improved our trust. We will be happy to build more processes.

We are still near the end of migration. Two of our processes are still running on the older version.

Our scalability has been increased with our new version. We do not see any issues.

We have used the technical support. I am quite unhappy with the support part. The higher priority tickets are not getting resolved within the SLA. Higher priority tickets for production issues should be looked into immediately. However, until they get escalated, tickets are not receiving higher priority. I would like to see this improve.

The initial setup was straightforward. I updated the license files after we got them. I needed to update them in the Control Room. I think a non-technical person would be able to do this.

We are focused on reducing repetitive jobs.

What other advice do I have?

Know your process, design, and how you want to re-engineer everything.

A lot of issues that we were facing in the previous version have been solved in the latest version. We are happy with the scalability and reliability now. We have more trust in the tool and are happy to grow and build more tasks going forward.

Try It For Yourself